The Influence of Mobile Purchasing on Travel
The infographic below summarizes the behavior of mobile purchasing on Travel based on mobile users in the UK. This demonstrates why lodging managers should be checking to see how their websites and online booking engines appear on mobile devices -particularly tablets.
Here are the key findings on mobile travel purchases from Tnooz.
“The study also shows how key pricing is, with price comparison sites coming top in mobile travel activity and a quarter saying they make a purchase based on price.
Brand preference and price were given as the top two reasons for making a purchase with a third saying they already had a brand in mind.
More details are handily displayed in the infographic below but here are a few highlights:
- Almost half of mobile travel searchers make a purchase with about a third completing it on their mobile device
- 31% say they plan to purchase within a day while 60% say within a month or longer
- Most mobile travel searches are conducted for flights (81%) followed by hotels (67%)
- 55% of travel searchers say they are researching a planned purchase
- More mobile travel research is conducted while at home – 83% for tablets and 46% for smartphones”
Nielsen surveyed 1,500 smartphone and tablet users for the study as well as drawing intelligence from its Smartphone Analytics Panel of 6000 Apple and Android users.
And just for fun, I’ll add this infographic in from last fall on mobile purchases within the US from Business Wire.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!