Wait! Don’t forget your brand!
It’s hard to handle everything during the launch of a dynamic inbound marketing strategy, but don’t forget your brand along the way. It’s at the top of the marketing priority list of every successful business. Take Apple, for example. When a person buys an iPad or Mac they are buying the appeal, design and support of the Apple brand. They know it will be trendy and cutting edge. It will make them feel cool. That is the power of good brand creation and alignment.
Every marketing dollar you spend should support your brand. It’s how you stand out. It adds value to your product or company that can be measured in dollars. The brand is the story you tell people about what you provide. Below is a short overview on branding and some tips to be sure you don’t overlook your brand as you launch inbound marketing efforts.
• Expresses your company name and essence visually through a logo
• Extends throughout an organization’s communications and includes all functions of a company, product development through sales, as integral pieces of your brand
• Includes how customers perceive the company and the inherent value they place on your business
• Provides something that consistently draws attention and focus
• Is distinguished– your brand should give your audience something it wants but is not getting from your competitors
Defining your brand identity
• Determine your company’s positioning and core values
• Understand your strengths and weaknesses through honest analysis
• Know the why. Why will people want what your offer?
• Discovery — Getting to the brand’s essence takes introspection, participation and work.
Building brand equity requires a team that can create a consistent, predictable approach that stands out every time. No matter how brand efforts are scaled to fit the size and scope of the business, ignoring brand principles places businesses in peril and does not capitalize on its benefits. As a brand-experienced inbound marketing company, SocialEnergizer can help align your brand while getting your inbound marketing efforts underway.
I see how important brand is to success. One’s brand is a symbolic representation of the company that allows one’s customers to recognize you in the sea of icons and logos. Thanks for keeping the focus!