10 Easy Tips for Better Blogging
Crunch time? Does it always seem like you are wondering what to write? How do you build buzz needed to pull people to your site? Here are 10 Easy Tips for Better Blogging.
No doubt about it, blogging takes time and dedication. The pay-off comes when you find a good-size community that interacts with your site regularly and when you notice your website and blog are steadily gaining in the battle of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) rankings.
Here are ten tips that can help keep copy flowing smoothly.
- Write an article that is easy to read and over 300 words long. Find at least 2 images that fit with your topic.
- Pick topics that focus on things your customers often ask or are interested in. Keep a blog calendar that shows what you’ve posted and in which categories. Use it as a quick reference to keep your blog balanced
- Use the scheduling tool, like this wordpress example, to automate posting at consistent days and times
- Use an RSS feed to bring news that you can use as material for creating your blog
- Going to an event? Shoot a video, interview some folks, and post on your blog
- Interview customers for your blog
- Grab some company data and turn it into an interesting story
- Share a lesson you’ve learned
- Save interesting emails and use for blog fodder
- Use your signature line, with your blog’s link, in forums you visit to entice people to your site
- Use these easy tips to keep your ideas fresh and your content flowing
Still need help with your blog? Even with these tips, do you find the whole thing overwhelming? Maybe you need help getting your site up and running. Give me a call. We have affordable plans that will fit into every Social Media budget.
(updated Dec 2014)