https://socialenergizer.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/5Stages-choosingTravel.png 391 697 Lynn https://socialenergizer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/SE-logo-type-web.png Lynn2012-10-17 06:45:262012-10-26 20:09:285 Stages of Choosing Travel
The travel outlook is positive, and with the rise of mobile, social and video behaviors, we are now seeing seeing travelers move through five key stages of travel. Here are some insights within each stage:
- Dreaming: 68% of business travelers watch travel-related online videos. Among them, 68% are thinking about a trip.
- Planning: The average traveler visits ~22 travel related sites during 9.5 research sessions prior to booking.
- Booking: 37% of leisure travelers report that the internet prompted them to book, up from 28% two years ago.
- Experiencing: 70% of business travelers check into their flights/hotel with their mobile device. Almost 1 in 4 hotel queries come from a mobile phone.
- Sharing: About 1 in 3 business travelers have posted reviews online of places they’ve been.