As you know, your website is your online basecamp. It conveys the essence of your brand to your community and is the heavy-lifter for all of your online communications. If it lacks appeal, is unorganized, or just doesn’t work properly, it can lead to lost business opportunities, perhaps even business failure.
So what have you got to lose? Maybe a lot. It’s time to open your browser to your webpage and evaluate it using the checklist below. It will only take a few minutes, I promise (yes, I’m talking to you).
By the way, if you’re too close to the creation-aspects of your website, ask someone objective to do it for you. You need to evaluate this with an objective point-of-view.
- Is the site’s purpose immediately obvious?
- Is the brand image evident?
- Does the home page engage you?
- Do pages load quickly? Home, About, blog, etc.?
- Can you easily identify and locate information?
- Does the site encourage easy visitor registration for on-going e-mail follow-up?
- Is the text easy to read and the images compelling?
- Are subheads and bulleted lists used to chunk content?
- Does the site offer timely, frequently updated information?
- Is the site interactive, i.e. does it invite the audience to share opinions, etc.?
- Does the site encourage a sense of community?
- Does your site link to other social media channels? i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Trip Advisor, etc.
- Does the site encourage you to buy or take the next step?
- Is the offer ‘above the fold’, meaning located in the top 1/3 of the page?
- Does your website support SEO (Search Engine Optimization) that is easily adjusted by you?
- Is web analytical information available 24/7? This should include visitor traffic by post and page, top search criteria, from which websites your visitors are from.
- Do you have spam controls on your website?
Now this shouldn’t be a ‘finally’, but finally we come to the most important question. Does your site possess a “Wow Factor”? If not, it should. Sometimes you just have to bring in someone less “close to the business”, to bring out your Wow Factor. It’s worth it. I dare you to stand out from the crowd; give me a call!
Social Energizer’s purpose is to help companies develop lasting relationships with their customers and increase their visibility online.
In addition to building dynamic and affordable websites, we integrate inbound marketing techniques into each business’ current marketing plan and utilize digital channels and strategies like Blogs, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Search Engine Optimization, and Web-integrated Email Campaigns.