Saturday Morning, kick back, just relax… and enjoy this week’s Saturday Morning’s Post. Sometimes it’s okay to check out for a while and just have fun. Dr. Suess, my favorite psychologist, even says it’s okay; in fact, he encourages it.
photo © 2008 Daniel X. O’Neil | more info (via: Wylio)
“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life’s realities.”
“If you never did you should. These things are fun and fun is good.”
Theodor Geisel aka Dr. Suess
Have you ever just ‘checked out’ while surfing around on the Internet? Maybe you’ve lost hours without even realizing it? I know I have. In its own way, it can be fun and relaxing. Today, I’d like to share my five favorite basically pointless, but really FUN websites.
5. Obsolete Skills. Discover traditional skills now considered obsolete. This one might make you feel a little old, but it’s fun to see what ‘is no more’. http://obsoleteskills.com/
4. Build Your Own Kaleidoscope. This is a fun little site that lets everyone create beautiful Kaleidoscopes. http://www.zefrank.com/dtoy_vs_byokal/
3. Random Historical Facts. History buffs unite! There’s no telling where you can use these random historical facts. http://facts.randomhistory.com/
2. Got Shoes? This fun site is for all the fashionistas among us. Have you learned to tie your shoelaces yet? Have you learned 35 ways to do it? http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/lacingmethods.htm
And finally, the number one most pointless, FUN website. (drum roll)
1. Subservient Chicken from Burger King. How much fun is this? Tell the truth. Haven’t you always wanted to control a chicken? http://www.bk.com/en/us/campaigns/subservient-chicken.html
Not enough? Search for more in this FUN directory to find your own favorite FUN websites. Let us know in the comment section what your favorite FUN sites are. http://www.brainbashers.com/funsites.asp
This has been Social Energizer’s Saturday Morning Post, a less business oriented edition than our blog that is offered during the week. Social Energizer’s purpose is to help companies develop lasting relationships with their customers and increase their conversion rates by adding proven online marketing techniques to their marketing mix.
We do this by integrating inbound marketing techniques into each business’ current marketing plan and by utilizing digital channels and strategies like Blogs, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Search Engine Optimization, and Web-integrated Email Campaigns.
We invite you to comment and rate each blog, so we can ever improve our offerings to you. Are you venturing into online marketing? Give us a call!