Facebook Profiles update
Facebook is implementing some changes that affect your personal profiles again. In the past, they have taken some criticism that their abrupt improvements were questionable. This time around, it seems Facebook has learned and improved on how they go about the update. They’ve added a wizard that helps and walks you through the process. In a nutshell, the changes to Facebook for personal profiles are:
- A background summary that includes employers, education and location info.
- New photo montage of 5 of your favorite photos just below your info summary
- New navigation tabs in the left column
- More details for your work experience and educational background
- More info for your interests like music, books, and art
- Group capabilities for your friends and more detail of your relationships
Changes for Facebook Business
Your Facebook Business Page has added a new feature also. In the last week, they added the ability to upload your contacts list from Outlook, gmail, Linked In, etc. After you have uploaded your contacts, you can invite them to ‘Like” your page.
To do this go to your page> Edit Page> Marketing> Tell your Fans>Upload a Contact File.
If you are using Facebook as a principle means of attracting clients, this can be very worthwhile.